Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

pain still?
hopalongTracy    9:08pm Feb 16 2017

Is it just me? Will I ever be normal? I broke my ankle- tib/fib back in the fall of 2014. Two nails, 6 screws and a plate.

I finally got to where I could walk, even up and down steps, normally and without pain.

I thought I was fairly well recovered so I started a beginner Taekwando class. And now I'm wondering if maybe it's just too much. It hurts like crazy nearly constantly now. I can't figure out if it's mostly the hardware hurting. I know the nerve pain on the skin has flared up, too. Is that normal? I thought once it healed and I was far enough out from the injury that it would go back to normal with only the odd pains here and there. But I've set myself back enough that I'm avoiding walking again. Was Taekwando too ambitious? The teachers said, "Even grannies do it." So now I feel like I can't even keep up with the grannies!

Just very discouraging. If it's normal and I need to adjust my expectations, then I can do that. I just thought after nearly two and a half years that I'd be back to doing fun things.

Thanks,
Tracy

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

pain still?  new
hopalongTracy  9:08pm Feb 16 2017
 Re: pain still?  new
Pauline M Hall  5:00am Feb 17 2017
 Re: pain still?  new
toddchaney  5:05am Feb 28 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 July 2017