Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken femur, going bonkers at home
Lena2017    11:23am Mar 3 2017

I'm sorry, Xavier. Your story sounds like quite the ordeal. You need to know that all of your feelings are normal. I've felt similarly at many points during this recovery process. I've found that while the leg continues to heal, I need more emotional support to get through the monotony and isolation. I had a lot of people reach out to me at the beginning but it's been slowly tapering off. Then there's compassion fatigue which I suspect my partner has been dealing with. My advice, be as social as possible- that's a good distraction from the everyday dullness. Enrol in an online course and chat with others. This forum has been amazing to just talk and ask questions you can't wait to have answered. Everyone here understands exactly what you are going through. Being grateful for something each day and knowing that perhaps it could have been worse, might help. It's all about changing our perspective, or distracting our minds in a positive way. I've also googled links on broken legs and diet and types of surgeries- maybe not the best things to do- but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Vitamin D3 also really helps, in my opinion- if you don't get as much sunshine as you should- which I know I don't. Hang in there.

Jan 1- tib/fib fracture from fall
Jan 3- surgery IM nail, screws
Jan 18 -2-week follow-up- staples out NWB, PT
Feb 15 - 6-week follow-up- callous forming, 50% WB allowed, PT
April 5 - 13-week follow up- bone healing well, can stand bootless and exerci

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken femur, going bonkers at home  new
Xavier Liebaert  10:15am Mar 3 2017
 Re: Broken femur, going bonkers at home  new
Lena2017  11:23am Mar 3 2017
dcb  1:32pm Mar 3 2017
AngieLanigan  2:44pm Mar 3 2017
Jewels_16  11:02pm Mar 3 2017
Xavier Liebaert  1:25pm Mar 5 2017
dcb  4:04pm Mar 5 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 November 2017