Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 6 week post surgery visit and some questions
dcb    1:38pm Mar 3 2017

Hi Maria, good that there's some progress. Both heat and ice might help - heat before exercise to loosen things up, and ice afterwards. Get physio if you possibly can, as soon as possible, as they should really be able to guide you. The DO THE EXERCISES - as many repetitions and as often as they tell you to. I was doing half a dozen different things, 10-20 reps, four times a day for weeks when I was regaining ankle mobility after my fracture. Several physios have told me that most people don't do them as many times or as often as they are told to (me, they initially said 'as often as you like' but I pointed out that was bad advice for an ultrarunner, so they told me four times a day).

If you're determined, and DO THE EXERCISES then you have a good chance of improving. The bend will very gradually improve - but it may seem to make very little progress at first.

Good luck!

Fibula Fx lat. malleolus Weber B 12 June 2015
ORIF plate 18 June. Cast problems (allodynia) so boot from 25th but NWB.
25 July start PWB in boot, 7 Aug PWB without boot. 14th Aug few steps FWB.
9 Sept 10-steps jog 25 Sept: PT says go run!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

6 week post surgery visit and some questions  new
Maria K  8:20pm Mar 2 2017
 Re: 6 week post surgery visit and some questions  new
dcb  1:38pm Mar 3 2017
Jewels_16  11:11pm Mar 3 2017
toddchaney  6:39am Mar 17 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 July 2017