Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken femur, going bonkers at home
Jewels_16    11:02pm Mar 3 2017

Hi Xavier. I'm so sorry for about your accident and injuries. You've certainly been through a great deal of trauma, both physical and emotional. Like others have said, all of your thoughts and feelings are normal for the abnormal situation you are in.

I tried to keep to a schedule as much as I could. I was also lucky enough to be able to work from the computer at home, so that helped. I did my little arm weight exercises the same time each after work, sat out on the patio and read or talked on the phone, etc. Each weekend I had one outing, usually lunch with friends or a movie.

I recommend getting on Netflix or a similar service and binge watching any series that seem interesting. I was given an adult coloring book and found it to be a big stress reliever and a fun way to pass the time.

One of my aunt's sent me a card while I was recovering that said something along the lines of this is terrible for you right now, but soon it will just be a memory. Last week was the one year anniversary of my fall and I am really amazed when I look back at everything. And on the fall-anniversary I was in another city for work and being a tourist at night and my leg is all healed. So you will get through this! Once you get to the physical therapy part do all of your exercises and keep up with them and you will get your old self back.

Jewels
Slipped on wet kitchen floor: 2/24/16
Surgery to repair broken tibia and comminuted knee fracture wtih 8 screws, 1 plate: 3/17/16
Started PT: 4/27/16
Released from PT: 7/15/16

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken femur, going bonkers at home  new
Xavier Liebaert  10:15am Mar 3 2017
 Re: Broken femur, going bonkers at home  new
Lena2017  11:23am Mar 3 2017
dcb  1:32pm Mar 3 2017
AngieLanigan  2:44pm Mar 3 2017
Jewels_16  11:02pm Mar 3 2017
Xavier Liebaert  1:25pm Mar 5 2017
dcb  4:04pm Mar 5 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 July 2017