Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

New here...feeling crap
SarahL    10:08am Mar 4 2017

Hi, I slipped on ice 3 weeks ago and suffered a dislocated trimalleolar ankle fracture. Leg put straight again in the ambulance, and then surgery 4 days later with lots of pins and a plate. A couple more days in hospital then home 2 weeks ago. Stitches came out yesterday. I'm supposed to weight-bear up to 10 kg, so no cast. I also broke my wrist 7 months ago (came off my bike) so I'm on crutches up to my armpit to reduce the pressure on my wrist.

The pain is not unbearable, I'm down to 4-6 paracetamol a day, but it aches a bit all the time. And I just feel crap. Exhausted. Don't want to do anything. I went "out" for the first time this morning. I sat and watched my son play in an indoor football tournament. It felt like a major expedition.

I'm on sick leave from work but I run a team and we've got a lot on, so I'm doing process type management from home but my brain won't cooperate on anything that requires me actually to think.

I can't work out why I feel so crap. Is it the pain? Is it the painkillers? Please tell me this normal (or not)...

thanks

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

New here...feeling crap  new
SarahL  10:08am Mar 4 2017
 Re: New here...feeling crap  new
dcb  11:10am Mar 4 2017
weedytj  7:53pm Mar 4 2017
Pauline M Hall  1:27am Mar 5 2017
toddchaney  6:36am Mar 17 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
29 March 2017