Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

My broken femur - Help! Going Crazy
Spencer    3:49am Mar 7 2017

Hey guys,
Last Friday, feb 24th, I broke my femur in a dirt bike accident. I got very lucky that it wasn't anything worse. I broken the bone in half and splintered off a small part. I had IM nailing surgery on the 25th where I received a nail and 4 screws. Coming out of surgery I felt like I was never going to walk again.

I've now been home for one week and I am beginning to go crazy. I sit at home most days by myself so the boredom is incredible. One thing I have a question for you guys, what do you do to keep sane and busy? I need to do something other than lay on the couch and watch tv. I do do my PT exercises 3 times a day which gives me a little something to do.

Also, I have a zero weight bearing restriction. Hoping it gets lifted tomorrow so PT can start work me more. I'm 26, strong and healthy. Lifted weights 5 days a week prior to my accident. So I'm ready to be better.

One thing I'm really struggling with is sleeping. I can't sleep for more than a couple hours at night. I wake up all achey and my leg is still so tight. I never get back to bed for more than 15 minutes at a time. It's really starting to frustrate me. All I want is a good night sleep. Any suggestions?

Also, when did most of you with a broken femur begin walking. I so badly just want to walk. Right now I'm hobbling through my house like the grandpa off of UP! Drives me insane. I know all of this will eventually come to an end but I just have a hard time seeing the end.

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions or help for me. I really need it!

Thanks!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

My broken femur - Help! Going Crazy  new
Spencer  3:49am Mar 7 2017
 Re: My broken femur - Help! Going Crazy  new
dcb  9:21am Mar 7 2017
DeanG  9:57am Mar 7 2017
FuschiaNovember1980  8:02am Mar 8 2017
Pauline M Hall  12:30am Mar 9 2017
Xavier Liebaert  2:09pm Mar 14 2017
toddchaney  6:35am Mar 17 2017
Linda Dubsky  9:46am Mar 31 2017
Linda Dubsky  9:56am Mar 31 2017
Linda Dubsky  10:01am Mar 31 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
28 May 2017