Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Keeping fit on a fractured foot
FuschiaNovember1980    8:18am Mar 8 2017

I am not the best example of this, since I gained 12 lbs with my broken ankle. But, focus on your diet. For weight loss, focus on your diet. For strength and general health, that's where exercise fits in.

Other than that, I'm in the same boat right now- limping in my boot. I got the go ahead to use a recumbent bike- so I bought one on sale and wear slippers using it. I also found some seated exercises on youtube (HASfit has a really good one!) which is more strength training but a bit of cardio too.

I know the frustration and if anything just want to say I know how you feel. I have my fitbit back on and lol, I'm lucky if I get 2500 steps a day. I live in a very snowy area so I can't really limp/walk outside, so I only get steps from work and the house. I cannot wait to be able to walk without the boot and be able to drive again to go to the gym for walking at the very least. Or for the snow to melt so that I can go for walks outside.

I digress, Myfitnesspal is a good food tracker and if you aren't already watching your calories, it's a great place to start!

09/30/2016- Fell in home, broke tib/fib. Surgery with hdwr
11/23/2016- Cast off, 50% WB and boot for next 6 wks
12/21/2016- Started physio
01/25/2017- FWB with boot for 6 +wks
03/15/2017- Boot off! Walking and physio

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Keeping fit on a fractured foot  new
huis  8:06am Mar 8 2017
 Re: Keeping fit on a fractured foot  new
FuschiaNovember1980  8:18am Mar 8 2017
dcb  3:42pm Mar 8 2017
huis  3:48am Mar 14 2017
toddchaney  6:40am Mar 17 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 September 2017