Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Nerve damage pain and shin pain
AngieLanigan    8:52pm Mar 15 2017

Hi Jerry :) Congrats on being so far along after just 3 months, that's fantastic! I was four and a half months before I was able to give up my cane and walk totally unassisted.

I also had quite a lot of nerve and tissue damage to my ankle and foot, I remember those crazy nerve jumpy pains, they weren't very fun. It took several months but it did gradually go away. Nerves take a while to totally heal. I have a bit of numbness still around one of my scars, but that's it.

As for the pain, I still got random weird pains in my leg and ankle for a good 6 months or so. PT definitely helped. Now, 2 years out and very rarely I might have some aching bad enough to require Advil, if I've spent all day on my feet. Otherwise I do get some mild aching when it's cold and damp outside (beginnings of osteoarthritis, most likely, according to my Dr).

Dec 1, 2014 Tib/Fib/Talus fractures x5
Dec 5 surgery. Jan 19 DVT
Feb 9 Cast off, WBAT, PT
Feb 18 Walker to Crutches. Mar 4 Stairs. Mar 10 Crutches to cane
Apr 15 No more cane
Dec 2016 Still dealing with PTSD and anxiety, therapy ongoing.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Nerve damage pain and shin pain  new
Jerry007007  2:23pm Mar 14 2017
 Re: Nerve damage pain and shin pain  new
AngieLanigan  8:52pm Mar 15 2017
 Re: Nerve damage pain and shin pain  new
toddchaney  10:09pm Mar 17 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017