Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Tired and frustrated
Kellie    3:21pm Mar 16 2017

5 weeks ago I fell and shattered my ankle and broke my fibula. When it first happened I knew it was bad, but now only after my operation has my doctor told me how bad it was. He said if I was a football player, I'd be benched for the season.
I'm currently recovering at my parents house in NY, even though I live in Boston and being away from my daily life has taken a huge toll on me emotionally. I went from being a 25 year old, full time employee, part-time graduate student preparing to go to law school to someone who sits in her pjs all day watching TV. Visits from friends have been non-existent and checkins went from being everyday to every two weeks. I'm very lonely and when I mention that to people I get told how "lucky" I am to get an eight week vacation. To make matters worse I am out of work and not going paid for all the time that I am missing. My savings (minuscule to begin with) have now been drained and bills keep coming in. This has been the most exhausting, depressing, and frustrating ordeal of my life. I just want to go home and start living normally again, but that won't happen for at least another month as right now I am NWB. I'm sorry for ranting, I could just use some advice on dealing with all the emotional stuff and how to recover faster.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tired and frustrated  new
Kellie  3:21pm Mar 16 2017
 Re: Tired and frustrated  new
AngieLanigan  5:57pm Mar 16 2017
toddchaney  9:52pm Mar 17 2017
dcb  10:54am Mar 21 2017
Kellie  9:03am Mar 25 2017
Lena2017  1:27pm Mar 27 2017
Kellie  10:40am Mar 28 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 November 2017