Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Hardware Removal
RWJR    12:05pm Mar 20 2017

I joined this site a few years ago when my son broke his leg, but I'm wondering if someone can help me here with a hardware/broken arm question. I had a plate and 6 screws for a broken ulna (arm) 7 years ago. I'm having pain at the plate site, and its very sensitive if I bump it (didn't have it before). Has anyone had this type of plate/screw soreness? Did it resolve? How did you know you needed to have your hardware removed for those of you who did? My doc said the screws and plate were there for good, but I'm wondering if they should be removed. So, two more questions...for those of you who have hardware removal, how hard is the surgery? Second, what was the recovery time? I know this is a leg forum, but I figure you guys have more layperson knowledge on bone stuff than anyone. Thanks in advance.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Hardware Removal  new
RWJR  12:05pm Mar 20 2017
 Re: Hardware Removal  new
Pauline M Hall  3:50am Mar 22 2017
dcb  4:46am Mar 22 2017
RWJR  9:44am Mar 22 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
28 May 2017