Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: This time yesterday...
Nikki Blake    10:48am Apr 3 2017

David, you have my full sympathies. I fractured my tib and fib and was in a long leg cast for ages. I used to just sit staring at it wondering how on earth I had ended up in the situation.
I don't want to be the bringer of doom but be very aware that you might start to suffer from depression. If you feel it creeping in then please please speak to your doctor. I ended up very depressed as I went from being a busy person to being totally disabled in one step. Also, if you haven't already got one, get yourself a wheelchair with a leg rest. Crutching everywhere in a leg leg cast is exhausting it really is. A wheelchair will at least enable you to get out and about more easily. Hey, at least you are guaranteed a seat in the pub! I hated the idea of a wheelchair but once you get used to it then it's fine.
Please feel free to drop me an email if you want to chat, it's not long since I have been out of my cast so I do understand what you are going through.
Take care my friend

10 Oct2016 fx 3rd and 4th metatarsals, fx fib. Aircast, 21 Nov 2016: back to hospital following a fall. Fx fib still. Spiral fx tib. LLC 25 Nov realign fx tib/fib re fx 3&4 metatarsal

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

This time yesterday...  new
David's-achilles-popped  12:32am Apr 3 2017
 Re: This time yesterday...  new
dcb  2:30am Apr 3 2017
David's-achilles-popped  8:25am Apr 3 2017
Nikki Blake  10:48am Apr 3 2017
AW  1:19pm Apr 3 2017
David's-achilles-popped  1:51pm Apr 3 2017
Nikki Blake  2:26pm Apr 3 2017
toddchaney  6:18am Apr 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 July 2017