Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Reposting and asking for some help
LeClair    2:50pm Apr 3 2017

Hardware Removal Pros and Cons
LeClair 6:29pm Mar 28 2017

Hello!! It has been quite some time since I posted anything new. A little back story for my BL......I fell on December 28, 2013 and suffered a Stage 6 TPF of my right leg. I spent a week in the hospital and came home with a TON of hardware in my leg. I went today for a checkup as I have been experiencing quite a bit of discomfort (burning and zapping sensations) and pain all along the hardware sites.

The Dr. took new X-rays and the good news is that my hardware is right where he placed it....no shifting and nothing broken. I also have no joint space loss which was quite surprising for both of us since he told me that I would definitely need a TKR in about 5-6 years. He now says I may never need one. Needless to say, I am thrilled with this news!

The unfortunate news is that he suggests getting the hardware removed since I have been experiencing the weird sensations and pain. I have always had the pain, it is just increasing. The weird sensations started in October. He said that there is not a guarantee that I will get rid of the symptoms once the hardware is removed. To be honest, the thought of getting it taken out is quite frightening. He said it would be at least a two day stay since there is SO MUCH to remove and they would need to monitor me closely. My incisions are very long and they would open the original sites back up and maybe would need to make more incisions depending on how easy/hard it would be to remove the plates, rods, and screws.

I would love to hear some of your pros and cons experiences! Thanks for your time😀

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Reposting and asking for some help  new
LeClair  2:50pm Apr 3 2017
 Re: Reposting and asking for some help  new
toddchaney  6:16am Apr 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
28 April 2017