Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Weight bearing
Lena2017    2:43pm Apr 9 2017

Hi Kellie,

I started PWB on Feb. 15th, but at the time I was probably at 20% and I was allowed to go to 50%. We used a scale to figure out how much of my weight was 50% of WB and how much was more comfortable. I was ok with putting pressure on it but as soon as I had any pain, I would rest it by elevating it. I progressed gradually to about 90%. Lately, I've been overworking it by going out with friends and going to the mall. The following day after going out I usually feel some pain and I have to do a lot of elevating. I'm getting to the point where I just want to be walking as much as possible, but I have to pace myself and my body lets me know when it's had enough. I am hoping to start physio this week - outside my house- I used to have someone come and help me previously as it was covered by a community agency. We will see what they suggest for me. I really want to heal as fast as possible.

I hope this helps, Kellie!

Lena

Jan 1- tib/fib fracture from fall
Jan 3- surgery IM nail, screws
Jan 18 -2-week follow-up- staples out NWB, PT
Feb 15 - 6-week follow-up- callous forming, 50% WB allowed, PT
April 5 - 13-week follow up- bone healing well, can stand bootless and exerci

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Weight bearing  new
Kellie  1:26pm Apr 9 2017
 Re: Weight bearing  new
Lena2017  2:43pm Apr 9 2017
toddchaney  6:46am Apr 11 2017
toddchaney  6:46am Apr 11 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 August 2017