Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken tibia and fibula 8 weeks post surgery healing progress
Gazebo (125.236.148.---)   1:57am Apr 22 2017

Hi Jonathan, I had a similar experience with my distal tibia fracture. Cast off and no apparent callus. My orthopaedic surgeon said that weight bearing will encourage callus, I was freaked out to think I was putting weight on a leg held together by metal but since my bones looked to be in pieces on X-ray! However I put my faith in the metal work, kept up the weight bearing and sure enough at the next visit there was good progress. The distal tibia can take a while to heal. My injury is almost a year old now and the fractures are still visible but the bone is thicker in the area. It will come right. Incidentally I had the distal screws removed this week - able to fully weight bear and not too painful provided I keep my leg elevated. All the best in your recovery.

30/4/16 in Canada spiral# distal 3rd L tib, flake# L fib; avulsion# distal R fib.
1/5/16 IM nail 3 screws to L tibia. 6/5/16 back to NZ. 12/5/16 short cast. Late May PT for ROM. 22/6/16 cast off PWB. 25/7/16 boot off FWB.
18/4/17 2 distal screws out

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken tibia and fibula 8 weeks post surgery healing progress  new
Jonathon  5:17pm Apr 20 2017
 Re: Broken tibia and fibula 8 weeks post surgery healing progress  new
AngieLanigan  5:19pm Apr 21 2017
Gazebo  1:57am Apr 22 2017
Pauline M Hall  2:11pm Apr 22 2017
Lorike  8:00am Apr 29 2017
toddchaney  10:22pm May 3 2017
SheilaB  9:25pm May 20 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
27 June 2017