Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fracture/broken leg interview
Lorike    5:19pm Apr 30 2017

I found that crutches hurt under your arm pits if you have to use them for long periods. Just a short walk and then site down is fine but if having to use them to travel a bit of a distance, i.e. from one end of hospital to the other or around a shopping centre then yes they are a pain. They need more padding on the part that goes under your arm.
They can also slip more easily then if you were able to walk normally - obviously there is a much smaller area of the bottom of the crutch touching the ground compared to a whole foot so if there is loose stones or wet floor etc it's very easy to slip and lose your balance and fall.
They are also a pain in terms of putting them in the car beside you if someone is driving you to appointments. I needed to sit in the front of the car to have enough leg room for my injured leg and then the crutches sat between me and the gear stick, was squishy for me as I had to make sure crutches didn't get in the drivers way of the gears.

When I first broke my leg 10 years ago I found a wheelchair was actually much less of a pain then crutches. When I injured my leg again a couple of months ago I found a knee scooter was much easier than crutches for going long distances (just not practical within a house).

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture/broken leg interview  new
Ninaahmad19  12:45am Apr 30 2017
 Re: Fracture/broken leg interview  new
Lorike  5:19pm Apr 30 2017
Ninaahmad19  2:56am May 3 2017
elaine smith  7:05pm Apr 30 2017
Mohit Jangid  2:43am May 3 2017
Ninaahmad19  2:59am May 3 2017
Ninaahmad19  2:58am May 3 2017
AW  2:15pm May 3 2017
toddchaney  1:39am May 5 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017