Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re:
Caryn    8:08am May 4 2017

Maree
Day 3 is soooo early in the process. I was also very grumpy but I had surgery and I think the pain meds that I took for the first 2 weeks added to that. But my story is similar. 60 and tripped over a curb and 7 weeks later still NWB. Hardly get to leave the house as it is such an ordeal. What I have found helpful is to have some structure to my days. And things that I can look forward to. It starts off with a cup of tea that I really enjoy. My morning is spent looking at my email and wasting some time on the internet. Then I do some knitting. I just started knitting some baby hats for charity which is making me feel useful. Then I try to read a little. At 3 I turn on The Ellen Show which always makes me smile. I also have a couple of other shows that I watch. I have been enjoying Grace and Frankie, also makes me laugh! Then it's dinner time and I don't have any energy after that. But you get the idea. Having a plan for each day and trying to stick with it has helped. It makes the days go by much quicker. And of course having visitors is also wonderful, but short visits are still best.
The beginning really is the hardest. And crying is totally ok, I cried plenty.

March 15 Fell and broke Tibia and Fibula 3 breaks
March 16 Surgery- 1 nail and 2 screws, casted
March 21 Back to ER cast too tight, replaced
March 29 2 week check. Booted NWB still using walker
April12th 4 week check. Still NWB walker
week 13 boot

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

"Depression - Katherine Garrison" -moved from Chat Forum  new
Maree  7:18pm Apr 29 2017
 Re:  new
dcb  5:35pm Apr 30 2017
elaine smith  6:44pm Apr 30 2017
toddchaney  10:29pm May 3 2017
Caryn  8:08am May 4 2017
Lyndsey  12:49pm Jun 1 2017
Katietownes  7:06pm Jun 1 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 August 2017