Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Really scared and shocked about my broke leg
Larissa S    9:29pm May 16 2017

The 5th of May I was celebrating my freshman college year being over. I was on a 4-wheeler that flipped. I ended up shattering my tibia and fracturing my fibula and femur in multiple places all on my left leg. So after 10 days in the hospital with my leg in traction I came home Sunday. Currently I'm in a very long and difficult fell length fiberglass cast from the end of my foot to the top of my thigh. I'm going to have to wear a full cast for 12-16 weeks and a below the knee walking cast for 6-8 weeks after that so best case scenario nearly 5 months casted. It literally freaking sucks so much I can't imagine how I'll make it! The worst part is that they told me it could be a life altering injury. I may never be able to dance or run again things than I greatly enjoy. Furthermore, I may walk with a limp and have to use a cane or walker for the rest of my life I'm in shock. Do you think that will happen? Has anybody here had similar injuries? If so, how did you recover?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Really scared and shocked about my broke leg  new
Larissa S  9:29pm May 16 2017
 Re: Really scared and shocked about my broke leg  new
Jewels_16  10:23pm May 16 2017
elaine smith  5:55am May 28 2017
Katietownes  6:15am May 31 2017
Lyndsey  12:44pm Jun 1 2017
toddchaney  1:11am Jun 8 2017
AW  3:47pm Jun 8 2017
AW  3:47pm Jun 8 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 December 2017