Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: weight gain :(
Caryn    12:43pm May 18 2017

I am in a similar situation. NWB for 8 weeks and now beginning to be 50%. I had lost weight in the very beginning probably from the trauma and not having any appetite so I figured it would continue that way! Nope it is all sitting in my belly now. Though i had at home PT the focus was only on my leg and not stamina building or my core. I decided to have a trainer come to my house for a couple of sessions to show me some exercises that I could do to help the situation. While sitting I can do crunches and I am also trying to lift light weights. Though to be honest I don't always do them and I have no excuse as I certainly have the time. One thing that you might do is find a video online for seated exercises. I know they are out there.
One other thing. Not sure of your home situation but I have let my husband do almost everything thing for me rather than get up and get it for myself. It is so much work to put the boot back on if I'm icing and to carry things is very tricky. But I am now trying to do much more which is making me be more active and burn more calories, It's not fun at all and i am really looking forward to when this is all behind me. I hope this helps.

March 15 Fell and broke Tibia and Fibula 3 breaks
March 16 Surgery- 1 nail and 2 screws, casted
March 21 Back to ER cast too tight, replaced
March 29 2 week check. Booted NWB still using walker
April12th 4 week check. Still NWB walker

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

weight gain :(  new
Kellie  11:09am May 18 2017
 Re: weight gain :(  new
Caryn  12:43pm May 18 2017
FuschiaNovember1980  12:35pm May 19 2017
huis  5:39am May 20 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 May 2017