Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

First surgery and broken bone(s). NEED SUPPORT
Lyndsey    12:38pm Jun 1 2017

Hey everybody. I am so glad I found this site and I will be there as much as I can for anybody who needs someone to talk to. Here's my story, though, because I am feeling pretty down in the dumps....:

Gosh, I absolutely hate to complain. I got a little intoxicated on Thursday night, early Friday morning...Memorial Day weekend. Basically ran and jumped off a six foot ledge and broke my tibia/fibula in about five different places. This was the first time I have ever broken a leg, let alone had any sort of extensive injury. I had to be rushed to the hospital and had surgery early Friday morning. I have rods in my leg for the rest of my life. No cast, and I'm using a walker to get around. It's extremely difficult. My whole body aches now. I know this could've been a lot worse. I don't have insurance so I was rushed out of the hospital and now I'm mostly alone, doing things for myself and it's starting to take a toll on me.

My mom is taking care of me as much as she can, but she works. And I don't have many friends who will make the trip to take care of me. I'm 25 years old and it's been almost a week since the injury. I'm losing it. I was strong throughout the whole thing but now I feel myself wanting to just break down and cry everyday. I hate not being able to do things for myself and not getting a change of scenery, and having little tasks take ten times longer. I'm still in pain. I want to shower more.

I am basically envious of anybody who can walk right now. Or pee without struggling to sit up and down. I know that's graphic. But I am glad I found this site. It does help a lot. Just needed to vent.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

First surgery and broken bone(s). NEED SUPPORT  new
Lyndsey  12:38pm Jun 1 2017
 Re: First surgery and broken bone(s). NEED SUPPORT  new
AngieLanigan  2:52pm Jun 1 2017
Katietownes  6:15pm Jun 1 2017
Jewels_16  9:10pm Jun 3 2017
dcb  2:27pm Jun 6 2017
FuschiaNovember1980  10:49am Jun 9 2017
toddchaney  6:22am Jun 12 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 November 2017