Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Post surgery "throbbing"
Kasia    2:52pm Jun 12 2017

Every person and fracture is different... but I am afraid that the pain/discomfort when lowering your leg will be bothering you for the whole period of non weight bearing. However it will be getting better as your leg heals, you will be able to move around on crutches more and more. When it comes to swelling it might be even longer. In my case there was still a little swelling around the ankle 5 months post surgery.

Since you are and athlete you must be a healthy and fit individual. It will probably make you recover quicker. But still it is good to rest for first couple of weeks. You have to remember that you had a severe injury and a serious surgery. Your body needs some time to return to balance. After that start doing some upper body fitness to get your blood flowing. I will be beneficial for your mental as well :-)

This experience will teach you a loooot of patience :-)

Take care and good luck with your recovery.

If I have more questions I will be more than happy to help and share my experiences. I also broke my tib/fib doing sports but instead of plate I have a rod inside my tibia.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Post surgery "throbbing"  new
David Coombes  12:09pm Jun 12 2017
 Re: Post surgery "throbbing"  new
Kasia  12:24pm Jun 12 2017
David Coombes  1:24pm Jun 12 2017
Kasia  2:52pm Jun 12 2017
dcb  2:34am Jun 13 2017
David Coombes  2:57am Jun 13 2017
dcb  3:53am Jun 13 2017
Alisony  8:30am Jun 16 2017
toddchaney  6:32am Jul 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 July 2017