Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.
John May    2:43pm Jun 15 2017

I've been thinking a lot about my appointment with the consultant today. We have a saying here in England called' Hobson's choice' which means it's not a good choice at all, whatever one you make.
I think my options for my broken leg is exactly that.
1. An operation - I've been reading on here the pros and cons of this. Pros seem to be quicker healing assuming no complications, cons include risk of infection, knee pain afterwards...
2. Cast treatment - pros are no operation so none of the above cons of that apply... cons are being in a cast for a considerable time, and a large chunk of that time will be in a full leg cast.
At the moment I'm looking at this last option, so... Has anyone out there any experience of breaking their tibia and fibula, going down the cast only treatment option?
If so, how was it? Did you heal ok? How did you cope being in a full leg cast?
I've got so many worries running through my head right now.
If you want your can also email me at bluemoon489@yahoo.com I really don't mind, I would welcome any help, support, advice etc.
I'm really not dealing with this

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.  new
John May  2:43pm Jun 15 2017
 Re: Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.  new
AW  5:42pm Jun 15 2017
John May  10:35am Jun 16 2017
Gazebo  4:26am Jun 16 2017
Alisony  8:23am Jun 16 2017
toddchaney  5:37am Jul 6 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 July 2017