Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.
AW    5:42pm Jun 15 2017

As you say, it is a hard choice. I had the same sort of fractures from a ski incident and chose the cast option because a friend who is a surgeon told me that I would heal up well in a cast and have few if any long term issues. I didn't want a rod and screws to bother me for years to come. Once the pain of the break settles down the cast is just a nuisance . Strange to say one gets used to it. The real issue is do you live alone and do you have someone to help you out while you adjust your life to crutches, a wheel chair and adjusting to the big cast. The good news is that it will be much more comfortable than the splint you are now wearing. You should ask, but if you get surgery you may also get a full leg cast. Feel free to write if you choose the cast and have questions thereafter. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

10.17.16 fxs of tibia and fibia
04.04.17 fx 5th metatarsal and tore Achilles
08.21.17 Stress fracture of other leg put in cast

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.  new
John May  2:43pm Jun 15 2017
 Re: Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.  new
AW  5:42pm Jun 15 2017
John May  10:35am Jun 16 2017
Gazebo  4:26am Jun 16 2017
Alisony  8:23am Jun 16 2017
toddchaney  5:37am Jul 6 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 September 2017