Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.
Gazebo    4:26am Jun 16 2017

Commiserations, I also broke my leg on holiday. I didn't have a choice but received the IM nail surgery. Everything went well and I was able to partial weight bear from about 8 weeks and fully from about 3 months. I've now had some partial removal of hardware and my injury is bothering me less all the time. This week I was discharged from the orthopaedic service. I would say that prolonged immobilization of your joints will lead to stiffness which will create its own issues. I'm surprised at how painful my left ankle has been although it was not injured the swelling and immobilization from the injury have had to be worked through. It's odd to think that the pain I feel is not from the breaks. I think regaining mobility sooner is good for recovery. This has been my experience following surgery. Ultimately you want a good result and either option will give you that with time and physiotherapy. All the best for your recovery.

30/4/16 in Canada spiral# distal 3rd L tib, flake# L fib; avulsion# distal R fib.
1/5/16 IM nail 3 screws to L tibia. 6/5/16 back to NZ. 12/5/16 short cast. Late May PT for ROM. 22/6/16 cast off PWB. 25/7/16 boot off FWB.
18/4/17 2 distal screws out

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.  new
John May  2:43pm Jun 15 2017
 Re: Big cast v operation: Hobson's choice.  new
AW  5:42pm Jun 15 2017
John May  10:35am Jun 16 2017
Gazebo  4:26am Jun 16 2017
Alisony  8:23am Jun 16 2017
toddchaney  5:37am Jul 6 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 November 2017