Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Broken Leg Depression
Jacquie Andrew (142.114.223.---)   7:24am Jun 21 2017

First of all, thank goodness for this site ... I really don't know what I would do without it. I broke my tibia and fibula on the 9th of June with surgery next day for rod/screws. I spent the next 3 days in hospital. I have never broken a bone before and left the hospital with no knowledge of what to expect... and with no homecare instructions other than TWB. I don't have a cast and was feeling quite vulnerable. On the advise from a PT, I went home with a walker which I feel was a safer alternative to crutches. Just an FYI .. I'm a 60 yr. old female who doesn't have the greatest balance. The last couple of days I've been blue but this morning I just cant stop crying. Just wondering how long this will last?? I think what has really made my 'sadness' worse is the fact that I found out that where I fell, which was coming out of a restaurant, a woman had previously fallen in the same place and has endured several surgeries on her ankle. Apparently a railing was to have been installed and hasn't been. I am so angry... I know it was an accident but knowing it could have been prevented just infuriates me. I'm sitting here housebound relying on others for just about everything. We are in the process of building a new home, our current one has been sold and we need to move out in 5 weeks. Any suggestions of what I could do to help handle the mental part of this injury sure would be appreciated.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Leg Depression  new
Jacquie Andrew  7:24am Jun 21 2017
 Re: Broken Leg Depression  new
elaine smith  9:00am Jun 21 2017
dcb  3:16pm Jun 21 2017
AngieLanigan  7:58pm Jun 22 2017
toddchaney  5:43am Jul 6 2017
Ernie  2:30pm Jul 13 2017
Jacquie Andrew  2:58pm Jul 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 July 2017