Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken Leg Depression
elaine smith    9:00am Jun 21 2017

So sorry you are going through this Jacquie. I think you're still in shock...that takes awhile to get over. I'm 57 and just finished the same recovery you're beginning. This site was a great help to me. Take one day at a time. Focus on taking care of yourself, eat healthy and take vitamins. Get soft grips for the handles of your walker, your hands get really sore. You can order them amazon, they have a whole walker accessory section. You can get a tray for the top of walker, I found them too unstable and opted for a small thermos so I could make my own tea and bring it to where I was sitting. Let people help you, I know it's hard but having people visit and maybe vacuum while they were over was a life saver for me. Get netflicks if you don't have it already. Watch movies, get some adult coloring books...in the beginning it's really hard to concentrate on anything.

You'll get through this. Remember to be kind to yourself and cry all you want. I cried every night at 7pm! You have a reason to cry!

Feb 6 2017 Fell over pavement fractured Tibia at base of knee broke Fibula
Feb 9, 2017 Surgery Plate/Screws/Hook N.W.B. 12 weeks
Feb 15-20 Rehab
Feb 20 Home
March 22 6 week visit with surgeon-Six More Weeks Non Weight Bearing Agghh
March 27 Start PT

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Leg Depression  new
Jacquie Andrew  7:24am Jun 21 2017
 Re: Broken Leg Depression  new
elaine smith  9:00am Jun 21 2017
dcb  3:16pm Jun 21 2017
AngieLanigan  7:58pm Jun 22 2017
toddchaney  5:43am Jul 6 2017
Ernie  2:30pm Jul 13 2017
Jacquie Andrew  2:58pm Jul 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017