Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken Leg Depression
Ernie (155.178.180.---)   2:30pm Jul 13 2017

Thanks for opening up Jacquie. I'm a 53 y/o male who broke his right hip running the Boston Marathon back in April. I used to cry periodically about what happened for about a month or so. I was constantly playing the "what-if" scenarios in my head. I was often blaming myself over what happened, frustration that I could not be active as I was and that I had to rely on others to do things. Like others have said we just have to let it out, this is a traumatic event we all have experienced. One thing I tell myself everyday is I am grateful to be alive. Things will probably never be the same as it used to be so we just have to accept that fact and just move on. We always have to have hope in our heart and mind or else depression will just eat us alive and we cannot let it win this battle. Be well everyone and God Bless!

Intertrochanteric right hip fracture - April 18, 2017
Dynamic and cannulated screws
Plate screws(x4)
No weight bearing (wb) on right leg for 6 weeks - Surgery through 6/1
Partial wb (50%) for 2 weeks - 6/1-6/19
Full wb as tolerated (with cane) - 6/19 through present

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Leg Depression  new
Jacquie Andrew  7:24am Jun 21 2017
 Re: Broken Leg Depression  new
elaine smith  9:00am Jun 21 2017
dcb  3:16pm Jun 21 2017
AngieLanigan  7:58pm Jun 22 2017
toddchaney  5:43am Jul 6 2017
Ernie  2:30pm Jul 13 2017
Jacquie Andrew  2:58pm Jul 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 July 2017