Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken Fib boot hurts
Sarah Clayton    6:36pm Jul 25 2017

Thank you very much for the advice. I never thought about cotton or foam, that's such a great idea! Anything to stop the boot digging into my ankle. I will definately wait the full 4 wks as the orthepeidic surgeon told me before weight bearing.

Your ideas a very good for getting back to fwb. Experience does wonders. And I like the idea about the scale and books. How many days in general would it take to go from nsb to fwb? I'm guessing 10 days to 2 wks depending on what else was injured besides the fibula? I can't imagine walking in this boot anywhere far; is it a walking boot just to get around the house? It's heal is so high, so you have to have a shoe that is pretty close in height to it for your hips etc not to go out of alignment.

I'm noticing how much thigh muscle I've lost on the bad leg. I'm guessing I should be doing some exercises to get it a bit stronger. It's a slow road, but I'm encouraged reading your bio that you've been able to run about 3 months after.

Sarah

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Fib boot hurts  new
Sarah Clayton  7:59pm Jul 24 2017
 Re: Broken Fib boot hurts  new
dcb  4:09pm Jul 25 2017
Sarah Clayton  6:36pm Jul 25 2017
dcb  12:53am Jul 26 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:42pm Jul 26 2017
toddchaney  3:56am Aug 23 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 August 2017