Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken Fib boot hurts
dcb    12:53am Jul 26 2017

Hi Sarah,

I hope the extra padding helps.

I was told to progress from NWB to FWB in the boot over 10d-2wks then take the boot off and repeat over 7-10 days - amazingly this was about right for time scale, at least for me. You need to keep elevating the leg when you're sitting or lying down.

The boot is for out of the house as well, once you get that far. I had to cope with quite a height difference until I could ditch the boot, as none of my shoes have much heel.

As for returning to running, it felt like forever, but yes only about 3 months. Note that I'm an ultramarathon runner, so I was determined to get running again as soon as possible.

Muscle wastage is awful but you do regain it once you start exercising again. Do the physio exercises when you get that far (most people don't, and then wonder why they are not improving) I was doing mine 3-4 times a day, 10 reps of each of about 10 exercises.

Good luck!

Fibula Fx lat. malleolus Weber B 12 June 2015
ORIF plate 18 June. Cast problems (allodynia) so boot from 25th but NWB.
25 July start PWB in boot, 7 Aug PWB without boot. 14th Aug few steps FWB.
9 Sept 10-steps jog 25 Sept: PT says go run!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Fib boot hurts  new
Sarah Clayton  7:59pm Jul 24 2017
 Re: Broken Fib boot hurts  new
dcb  4:09pm Jul 25 2017
Sarah Clayton  6:36pm Jul 25 2017
dcb  12:53am Jul 26 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:42pm Jul 26 2017
toddchaney  3:56am Aug 23 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 December 2017