Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

5 days post HWR
LeClair    6:07pm Aug 1 2017

I had all of my hardware removed on July 28th. I was scheduled to stay overnight, but they let me go home about 6 hours after the surgery. At the time, I was thrilled as the recovery area was full to capacity and I was feeling ok. That was a big mistake! I slept the rest of the day and woke up at midnight in excruciating pain that we couldn't get under control until around 8:00 AM. Needless to say, I have been on top of it ever since. I can honestly say, this has not been what I read about or expected. I think I spent too much time reading about other people's recovery and had high hopes for mine. I know I am only 5 days out, but the swelling and pain is just as bad as the original injury. I cannot bear any weight at this time. My leg is just as swollen as it was the night that I broke it. I spend all day with it elevated and iced. I go back to see the orthopedic surgeon next Tuesday. I just hope that it gets better with time. I know everyone heals different, but this has really thrown me for a loop. I feel like I am having a bad dream.....using a walker, cannot leave the house, need help while my husband is at work, cannot shower yet, etc.....

Please tell me it gets better.....quicker than the first time around😫

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

5 days post HWR  new
LeClair  6:07pm Aug 1 2017
 Re: 5 days post HWR  new
dcb  3:00pm Aug 4 2017
 Re: 5 days post HWR  new
toddchaney  11:41pm Aug 26 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017