Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

wb in short cast? (how to)
enrico    2:53am Aug 5 2017

luckly i could remove the shoe with bad but not unbearable pains because swelling was minimal. i immobilized the foot with aluminium splints and called the os. i refused to have another set of x-rays because once the foot was put back in place everything feels properly aligned. i'm sure the 2 malleolis are broken and the foot must have a stress fracture.
os thinks the foot breaks are probably another non-union, but even if that's the case they couldn't fix so....

anyway this time i chose the short cast but now i regret it. application has been less painful than the long one (also because the foot fracture doesn't seem a bad one) but now i can't wb at all.
wb is necessary for osteoporosis but this short cast feels too unstable and i'm in pain.
we agreed to wait some days, being my first short cast i have no experience.

anyway i was happy to notice the lack of swelling, at least the blod vessels are better now. i'll ask about another ligament repair

youtube channel for my ankle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsIEVF8ptskYFtjEpyzuv7w

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

enrico ? are you reading? (reinjured ankle?)  new
Ernest  3:26pm Aug 1 2017
 back here! ankle dislocated again  new
enrico  2:35am Aug 5 2017
 wb in short cast? (how to)  new
enrico  2:53am Aug 5 2017
 from what i saw in the videos  new
Ernest  1:37am Aug 8 2017
 i probably overdid (pain rotating the lower leg)  new
enrico  5:46am Aug 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017