Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Fractures Ankle
Sofi    8:31pm Aug 5 2017

On July 5th, 2017 I broke my ankle while visiting my sister in NYC. I had a 2 month long backpacking trip around Central America and Europe, but had to cancel all of it. I am an extremely active person that loves to road bike and go to the gym, pretty much about everyday, but that has now been taken away from me. Fortunately, I did not need surgery since my fracture was not displaced. I am now home recovering, quite lonely but with the help of my mother. It's been almost 5 weeks since the accident and it feels as if time just goes by so much slower than usual. Exercise has always been a method for me to tackle my anxiety but since that isn't possible at the moment I have felt some of the worst depression and anxiety in my life. The doctor says I should be walking without crutches by week 8, but I can't seem to see myself ever walking, it almost feels like a dream. I'm looking for motivational advice/advice on how to stop negative thoughts in my head that say I will never get to do the things I love. Looking for advice from those that have experience this before.

Thank you :)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fractures Ankle  new
Sofi  8:31pm Aug 5 2017
 Re: Fractures Ankle  new
Pauline M Hall  12:23am Aug 6 2017
Kayla T  10:40am Aug 6 2017
dcb  12:53am Aug 7 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:52am Aug 7 2017
FuschiaNovember1980  10:09am Aug 14 2017
toddchaney  12:43am Aug 29 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 December 2017