Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fractures Ankle
Kayla T    10:40am Aug 6 2017

I completely understand the feelings of being stuck and never seeing yourself walk again. I fractured my tib fib and needed surgery. The doctor said I'd also be walking with no cast or crutches by week 8. By week 7 I was cleared to start trying to walk. And although he said there would be no pain there is, it took me a while to get used to walking and the stress started kicking in. However, if you keep doing your physical therapy and walking whenever you can you will get to the point to walking again. Its hard to get past your initial thoughts but if you're determined you will do it.
However, passing the time was very hard for me to. To be honest I was not motivated to go hang out with friends because of the fear that's I couldn't keep up. Watch some TV series, do crossword puzzles, draw and if you can have people over just to talk or do little things.
It gets much better, wishing you the best in your recovery!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fractures Ankle  new
Sofi  8:31pm Aug 5 2017
 Re: Fractures Ankle  new
Pauline M Hall  12:23am Aug 6 2017
Kayla T  10:40am Aug 6 2017
dcb  12:53am Aug 7 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:52am Aug 7 2017
FuschiaNovember1980  10:09am Aug 14 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 August 2017