Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Painful Nonunion of the Fibula
LoriM    11:23am Aug 11 2017

Hello, this is my 1st time posting on this forum. I'm just at my wit's end trying to figure out what to do.
July 2008 I was a pedestrian hit by a car. My right tibia and fibula were fractured. The OS put a IM rod
through the Tibia and I was non weight bearing for 6 months. Then went into physical therapy and was walking
without assistance within a year. The OS took multiple x-rays during that time and declared me healed.
Unfortunately, he did nothing with the fibula. I can feel the bones rubbing against each other. The area where
the fracture is located is always swollen and painful. Repeated requests to the OS to do something about it
were met with negative response. He says it's typical to not fix the fibula because it's not important.
So here I am 9 years later, still in pain, still swollen and unable to hike because my lower leg swells and becomes
so painful when I use it. After all of this time, is there anything that can be done? Could the two ends be made
shorter so that they don't rub against each other? I look forward to any advise.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Painful Nonunion of the Fibula  new
LoriM  11:23am Aug 11 2017
 Re: Painful Nonunion of the Fibula  new
dcb  2:11pm Aug 11 2017
Jewels_16  10:07pm Aug 12 2017
enrico  5:39am Aug 13 2017
susieq  12:24pm Aug 13 2017
LoriM  8:00am Aug 14 2017
susieq  2:50pm Aug 14 2017
dcb  3:23pm Aug 15 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017