Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fracture clinic today-mixed news and new plaster cast.
Nikki Blake    2:22pm Sep 28 2017

Steven, I was in a full leg cast for weeks. The first few weeks are awful but it does become easier. Get yourself a wheelchair with a leg rest as it will make it a lot easier for you to get out with your family. I found that in general people were actually lovely, really kind and helpful. I had lots of conversations and laughs with people that I would never have had otherwise. It makes it an awful lot easier for you to go places and live a slightly more normal life during this awful time for you. You will get used to the cast, the proper cast will be much more comfy than the splint as it will hold your injuries in place totally.
I really hope that you can find a way to get comfortable and try to give yourself time to adjust to your situation. It does get easier my friend I promise.

10 Oct2016 fx 3rd and 4th metatarsals, fx fib. Aircast, 21 Nov 2016: back to hospital following a fall. Fx fib still. Spiral fx tib. LLC 25 Nov realign fx tib/fib re fx 3&4 metatarsal

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic today-mixed news and new plaster cast.  new
Steven Jones  10:45am Sep 28 2017
 Re: Fracture clinic today-mixed news and new plaster cast.  new
Sarah T  12:01pm Sep 28 2017
Sarah Clayton  12:32pm Sep 28 2017
Steven Jones  2:46pm Sep 28 2017
Nikki Blake  2:22pm Sep 28 2017
Steven Jones  2:42pm Sep 28 2017
SimonC  4:13pm Sep 28 2017
Allycat  5:49pm Sep 29 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017