Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 6 weeks ago I was hit by a car
Sarah Clayton    6:15am Sep 30 2017

What a shocking was to get injured Jay that's got to be affecting your sleep at night too, geesh can't imagine.

I think if you've been trying pwb and it hurts and then you've backed off that's a natural progression. With my spiral fibula break it seemed to be forever until I could put full weight without it feeling weird, but never was there sharp pain. I remember my os saying max 3-4/10 for pain. I believe with your hardware, you can put weight earlier without it affecting the break. Just start slow.

I couldn't imagine ever going back to my office job either. Couldn't imagine the drive there or just being there. By the 8 week mark I was ready, and once I could comfortably walk in my air cast. At the 10 week mark I transitioned to my son's running shoes (the only shoes that would fit - he's 16 lol) and shuffled/limped around work for about a week. Lot's of physio later I can walk even down 5 flights of stairs and I'm just at the 13 wk mark.

Your ankle, calf and foot will feel weak. It's normal having been in the cast. This will have to gain strength over time so don't worry about it feeling weak it's just how it is at first. Little steps and you'll get there!

July 1 2017 - spiral break fibula July 7 Aircast NWB road bike wipeout
July 31 - PWB
Aug 18 - FWB in boot Aug 22 - first PT
Aug 24 - 8 wks - FWB boot no crutches
Sept 7 - 10 wks - first steps no boot
Oct 1 - back on my horse

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

6 weeks ago I was hit by a car  new
Jay DM  1:39pm Sep 29 2017
 Re: 6 weeks ago I was hit by a car  new
Sarah T  4:05pm Sep 29 2017
Sarah Clayton  6:15am Sep 30 2017
Montrealaise  11:05am Sep 30 2017
dcb  2:42pm Oct 3 2017
Jay DM  2:31pm Oct 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 December 2017