Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Is a complete full leg cast more comfortable than a back slab?
Nikki Blake    10:36am Oct 1 2017

Hi Steven, I hope you are as OK as you can be.

Personally I found the proper cast much more comfortable. It's much more 'bespoke' than the backslab is and is moulded to your leg . Also because it totally encases your leg there are no edges to dig into your already injured leg. If you are having any areas that seem particularly sensitive then tell them and they will hopefully pad that more for you. You will find it very heavy to start with if they use plaster which is more mouldable but you will get used to it. If they use fibreglass is lighter.

I remember my long casts all too well. You will get through it and adapt but the first while is the worst. My thoughts are with you.

10 Oct2016 fx 3rd and 4th metatarsals, fx fib. Aircast, 21 Nov 2016: back to hospital following a fall. Fx fib still. Spiral fx tib. LLC 25 Nov realign fx tib/fib re fx 3&4 metatarsal

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Is a complete full leg cast more comfortable than a back slab?  new
Steven Jones  4:10pm Sep 30 2017
 Re: Is a complete full leg cast more comfortable than a back slab?  new
Kiwi Tony  2:53am Oct 1 2017
SBH  8:53am Oct 1 2017
Nikki Blake  10:36am Oct 1 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
11 December 2017