Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Getting Used to This-HELP
MaKayla    10:44am Oct 3 2017

Hello all, my name is MaKayla and on the 30th I took a fall down my basement stairs and fractured my fibula bone with a few tears to my ankle ligaments which caused the ankle bones to shift. I am a 19 year old infant teacher and my biggest struggle in all of this is getting used to being stuck at home.
I went from being the busiest person alive, running from work to classes, to the gym, the dog park to being stuck on the couch. I can't even get off the couch without my parent's assistance! I go in for surgery on the 6th and then I am stuck for 6 weeks at home non weight bearing. I am going to mentally loose it!! I rented a knee scooter for help getting around when I am up but I can't get up by myself! This kills me (and my bladder) when my parents are not home for 8-12 hours during the week. I am going to have to figure something out, I just don't know what to do!
I don't have much family in the area and not many friends so I'm pretty much on my own. One thing is for sure, when this is all over, I am loosing weight so if this happens again I know how to handle it!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Getting Used to This-HELP  new
MaKayla  10:44am Oct 3 2017
 Re: Getting Used to This-HELP  new
Kiwi Tony  2:35pm Oct 3 2017
 Re: Getting Used to This-HELP  new
Kate B  10:59am Oct 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017