Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Getting Used to This-HELP
Kate B (209.221.90.---)   10:59am Oct 4 2017

My sympathies for joining our club.

I was in a similar situation when I broke my right ankle (and sprained the left). I had to wait a week before surgery too.
The first few weeks are the hardest. It will get easier as you learn how to maneuver without using the leg. Good job on getting a knee scooter. Crutches are certainly not easy to use. I couldnít believe they sent me home with a pair when I had a double injury. Iím not a small woman either and getting up unassisted was not an option for the first few weeks. I completely understand the bladder issues. Getting up was such an issue I only did it when absolutely necessary. I loved my knee scooter though, and didnít want to give it up when I could finally start walking again!

Stay ahead of the pain for the first few week by taking the pain meds on a regular schedule. And find some activities you enjoy that you can do to keep you occupied. I did a big cross stitch project and watched a lot of Netflix.

Happy healing,
Kate

4/18/16 Tripped - Sprained left ankle, broke right - displaced oblique fib fx, dislocated tibiotalar joint, fx med. malleolus
4/25 ORIF 1 plate, 8 screws, ligament repair
6/6 boot, 50%WB
6/20 FWB, PT
Driving at the 3 month mark, continuing improvement

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Getting Used to This-HELP  new
MaKayla  10:44am Oct 3 2017
 Re: Getting Used to This-HELP  new
Kiwi Tony  2:35pm Oct 3 2017
 Re: Getting Used to This-HELP  new
Kate B  10:59am Oct 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017