Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Are what I知 feeling normal.
SMM    1:44pm Oct 4 2017

Hi Angela,

I am so glad that I could help. Really enjoy that trip to NY! It really does sound like everything is fine and that the dr. will give you good news. It sounds like you are non-weight bearing at the moment? Is that the case? I was non-weight bearing for over 6 weeks because the break was near the ankle. With other fibula fractures, evidently walking is possible much sooner.

A well applied cast will be a great pain reliever. And it sounds that you are experiencing maybe some mild swelling/blood pooling near the ankle. Is that the case? And does it happen when you are standing up for a longer period of time? If so, all that is totally normal. Any abnormal swelling might cause great pain and not even allow you to stand up comfortably, and that should be reported immediately. But it sounds like all is going just fine. If you are standing for any length of time and you feel some pressure, just set the crutches aside and elevate the leg. If the discomfort passes fairly quickly---all is normal. I also assume from your comments that you are feeling or experiencing strange sensations under the cast? That's also normal, and I think related to the nerves. I remember the feel of cold running water, ice, even insects!! None of it was actually happening.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Are what I知 feeling normal.  new
Angela West  10:12am Oct 4 2017
 Re: Are what I知 feeling normal.  new
SMM  11:39am Oct 4 2017
Angela West  12:18pm Oct 4 2017
SMM  1:44pm Oct 4 2017
Angela West  12:20am Oct 5 2017
SMM  9:10am Oct 5 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:59pm Oct 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017