Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Newbie looking for help and support!
HeatherMcK (31.85.100.---)   4:14pm Oct 4 2017

Hi! So here is my story.....
I decided it would be good to play netball to help keep fit (25/09/17). Went to my first class, was doing fab, 30 seconds before the end I managed to trip over another girlís legs and land a bit awkwardly on my left leg. Horrendous crack could be heard across the hall and I knew it was bad. Looked down and there was my foot pointing at a 90 degree angle to the left! Hospital x-rays showed a broken fibula and tibia. Surgery the next day to have a metal plate and a number of screws to secure the fibula break, the tibia should heal on its own. I woke up with a backslab on below the knee and a very numb leg. Man that was sore when the anaesthetic wore off! I am now 8 days post surgery and much more comfortable. Stopped pain medication 3 days ago and swelling must be lessening as my backslab feels rather loose. I am due back on 11/10/17 to have my stitches removed and a fibreglass cast put on for a further 6 weeks. Iím dreading the stitches coming out as Iíve never had anything like that - does it hurt? Kind of looking forward to the fibreglass cast as I need to get rid of this heavy backslab monstrosity! Will it be more comfortable or much the same? What will happen after the fibreglass gets taken off - will I be given a boot for a while? I do have a question regarding when will I be walking Ďnormallyí again? I was supposed to be going to New York next week but had to cancel. Looking to reschedule for May next year and Iím praying Iíll be fit as a fiddle by then!

Thanks for listening :)
Heather

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Newbie looking for help and support!  new
HeatherMcK  4:14pm Oct 4 2017
 Re: Newbie looking for help and support!  new
Montrealaise  9:04pm Oct 4 2017
 Re: Newbie looking for help and support!w  new
HeatherMcK  11:23pm Oct 4 2017
dcb  12:57am Oct 5 2017
HeatherMcK  2:40am Oct 5 2017
Nikki Blake  4:19pm Oct 5 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017