Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Are what Iím feeling normal.
Angela West    12:20am Oct 5 2017

Thanks. Iím really hoping I can make NY, Iíll be -0 weeks by then. Yes Iím NWB for 6 weeks which will take me to next week. My break is on the larger, more pronounced bit of the fibula right at the ankle, was that similar to yours? There is pain/swelling if I stand/sit with my foot down, not even for a long period though. Some days the cast feels lose but this morning Iíve woken and it feels quite snug again suggesting itís swollen again maybe if Iíve moved in my sleep. Sleep was awful at first but is getting better, I can sleep on my side now with my leg at an angle raised at the end of the bed. Yes, feeling all sorts of weird sensations and sometimes struggle to work out if theyíre under the cast or under my skin if that makes sense. My foot will sometimes go into a bit of a spasm too but Iím guessing thatís nerves and muscles likely to be repairing themselves etc. Iíve even experienced pain and discomfort on the opposite side of my foot to the break but think thatís from the cast. Iíve never broken anything before so have. I idea what it should feel like at this stage. Iíve increased my calcium, vitamin D and intake of other vitamins Iíve read can help and ordered some comfrey cream which Iíve also read helps repair broken bones which Iíll apply once the cast is off. Really hoping theyíll put me in a boot next week but nervous as to what the X-ray will show as Iíve read about non-unions. Some information out there can be very scary when searching for info :-( I never expected to feel so depressed/isolated as I do either but thatís because Iím usually so active and have found the whole having to sit doing nothing quite challenging xx

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Are what Iím feeling normal.  new
Angela West  10:12am Oct 4 2017
 Re: Are what Iím feeling normal.  new
SMM  11:39am Oct 4 2017
Angela West  12:18pm Oct 4 2017
SMM  1:44pm Oct 4 2017
Angela West  12:20am Oct 5 2017
SMM  9:10am Oct 5 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:59pm Oct 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
14 December 2017