Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Loss of Appetite?
Montrealaise    12:39pm Oct 5 2017

Hi MaKayla,

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. The pre-surgery anxiety that you write about is perfectly normal. I had the same concerns as younprior to my surgery to repair my broken tib/fib on July 22. Like you, it was my first broken bone. Although, it wasn't my first surgery as I had an emergency c-section with my second child. The ankle surgery was much less stressful snd much calmer though! I also have plates and screws in the ankle. In fact, I couldn't even bear to look at the x-rays on my first few follow up appointments in the ortho clinic. Even now, I can't tell you the exact number of screws I have in the ankle! What helped me deal with my apprehension was to tell myself that the surgery was a critical milestone in my recovery - one that would allow my bones to heal properly and start the recovery process.

It's also so important to keep on top of the pain after your surgery by taking meds as prescribed. I found this to be the case as the nerve block in my ankle wore off.

In terms of the weight loss, I too lost some weight during my recovery. I'm probably down about 10 lbs even though my activity level plummeted. I just wasn't hungry and even now 11 weeks later, my appetite still hasn't fully returned.

Once again, you've got this MaKayla! You're strong and brave. I look forward to hearing an update after your surgery.

Montrealaise

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Loss of Appetite?  new
MaKayla  11:33am Oct 5 2017
 Re: Loss of Appetite?  new
Montrealaise  12:39pm Oct 5 2017
Sarah Clayton  1:36pm Oct 5 2017
MaKayla  11:37am Oct 9 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 October 2017