Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Update 2 weeks in
Karly    7:05am Oct 12 2017

Hey Angela, congrats on getting your cast off. I went from cast to bare leg PWB when I broke my foot and it all worked out fine. I was 8 weeks NWB in the short leg cast. Not only was my (uninjured) ankle pretty well frozen still but I was really terrified of putting weight on my recovering foot. PT helped immeasurably in getting not only range-of-motion back but in rebuilding my muscle memory and confidence that my foot wasnít just going to snap again. I canít speak highly enough of PT but that said, it was nearly 4 weeks before I was really walking again unaided and 6 months (!) before I was really walking carefree once again. So hang in there and follow your therapistís instructions and do at least as many sets each day as she prescribes.

I did not have a boot during my fifth metatarsal fracture recovery, but I was in one another time for months for plantar fasciitis and once I was out of it, I had to really rebuild muscles and relearn how to walk then too. In my opinion, if your OS has cleared you to return to WB, then the boot only delays/lengthens your recovery. Good luck!

Karly

6/2009 Fractured 5th metatarsal (Jones Fracture) while jogging
2009-2013 Severe plantar fasciitis--painful to walk, unable to run
1/2015 Fractured patella/torn MCL skiing

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Update 2 weeks in  new
HeatherMcK  4:28am Oct 11 2017
 Re: Update 2 weeks in  new
Karly  8:41am Oct 11 2017
HeatherMcK  9:22am Oct 11 2017
Karly  9:41am Oct 11 2017
Angela West  1:19am Oct 12 2017
dcb  3:41am Oct 12 2017
Karly  7:05am Oct 12 2017
dcb  3:42am Oct 12 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2017