Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Post Op-Adjusting
Sarah T (47.208.143.---)   4:19pm Oct 12 2017

Hi Makayla! Glad to hear you're making great progress, and that you have some fun adventures planned. Getting out of the house will really boost your spirits.
Couple of ideas on your bladder "situation" (believe me, I feel your pain! That's torture!) Can you park your knee scooter close enough to the couch so that you can basically roll aboard without assistance? Try some practice runs while your folks are there to steady you. With a little practice, you could reclaim a big chunk of your independence. And consider this - what if there was an emergency? Like, the remote needs new batteries? Lol.
If it's too soon for that, then, well - okay, I'll go there. Done this myself. A two-quart plastic jar with a lid. Any dollar store would carry something suitable for a buck. Or perhaps you already have a container that could do the trick. But to hold it all day, besides agonizing, is just inviting infection. Recuperation is tough enough - you need relief!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Post Op-Adjusting  new
MaKayla  12:09pm Oct 12 2017
 Re: Post Op-Adjusting  new
Sarah T  4:19pm Oct 12 2017
 Re: Post Op-Adjusting  new
MaKayla  1:50pm Oct 17 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
11 December 2017