Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: New here... (Weber A fibula fracture)
MaKayla    5:17pm Oct 17 2017

Welcome to the club!
That nobody wants to be part of....
I too fractured my fibula, but I did a major blow to it! Fractured the distal end and dislocated my ankle. I am a week and a half post op... 8 screws, and one plate later! I am in a walking boot and told to be nwb. I am in the exact same place, trying to keep my mind off of it until Nov. 13th when I can start to place weight on it! I have heard about the iWalk! I have a knee scooter and like it much better than the crutches given to me at the ER. I wanted to try the iWalk but my insurance does not cover it and being out of work for 8 weeks is causing me to struggle financially. Lucky you to be able to work from home! I am an infant teacher and I really am missing my babies at work. The past two and a half weeks I have learned two things. 1) Rotate what you are doing to keep distracted, working, coloring, netflix, tv, reading, for me playing with my doggies etc. and 2) freedom of moving around the house (and outside) is essential! Sounds like you found that with the iWalk (Jealous!) But being able to do simple things like shop at the local store made me so happy, so make sure your getting outside! Also, I find it helpful to share my frustrations on here. Helps to talk to people who know what you are going through. I am only 19 and was the most active person. Classes, working full time, gym, dog park, going out with friends, I was never home! Now I am home all the time!
Hang in there, I tell myself everyday: This is only temporary and I will be back doing what I love with my doggies and my kiddos at work soon!

MaKayla

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

New here... (Weber A fibula fracture)  new
Carolyn CL  4:34pm Oct 17 2017
 Re: New here... (Weber A fibula fracture)  new
MaKayla  5:17pm Oct 17 2017
Carolyn CL  4:44pm Oct 19 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:56pm Oct 17 2017
Carolyn CL  4:50pm Oct 19 2017
dcb  7:04am Oct 19 2017
Carolyn CL  4:57pm Oct 19 2017
toddchaney  6:18pm Oct 27 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017