Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: The Final Countdown-Post Op
Carolyn CL    5:07pm Oct 19 2017

Sounds like really amazing progress!

I was only told NWB, so I've been crawling from the beginning. I found I could get up really well from crawling by having a little step up platform (the kind you can get at the dollar store for a toddler to use to reach the sink in the bathroom) to place my knee on. From there I could pull myself up to my walker without banging my boot on the ground.

Can you drive and then use your crutches? I'm good at getting in and out of the car with crutches (or onto my iWalk 2.0) - I don't need any help for that. If only it was my left leg that was hurt, then I would be able to drive also.

Showering is awesome (or showering while sitting on the bottom of our large shower stall).... that was the first thing I did once I got my boot. I do mine alone as I luckily have steps in my master bathroom (up to the big tub that I cannot use) so I can get myself into a sitting position and then up to standing from there.

Carolyn

Sep 23 - fell while hiking in the backcountry with friends (hiked out 4km)
Sep 24 - told ankle is \"cracked\" and placed in backslab
Sep 29 - official diagnosis Weber A; NWB 5 more weeks in boot

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

The Final Countdown-Post Op  new
MaKayla  1:41pm Oct 17 2017
 Re: The Final Countdown-Post Op  new
dcb  11:14am Oct 19 2017
Carolyn CL  5:07pm Oct 19 2017
toddchaney  6:32pm Oct 27 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017