Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Bruising... wondering what's "normal"
Carolyn CL    5:22pm Oct 19 2017

I have been watching what seems to be an ever changing pattern of bruises since I first broke my fibula. I was only in the slab cast for 5 days, so I have been able to view the foot on a regular basis. Curious if my experience is similar to others.

There is a line of bruising up the outside of the leg running along where the edge of the boot sits. It consists of little splotchy bruises that are usually purple in colour. It's about 4-5 inches long at the moment (it varies). There is no pain unless you press on them (and it is only slightly sore even then).

I have blood pool bruising that runs from the middle toe to the baby toe and back up towards the ankle. It is very slight in colour at the moment. Sometimes there are darker marks on the toes, but not today. There is also very minimal swelling in this area. It is slightly sore to touch but not otherwise.

The injured ankle itself is just slightly larger than usual. There has never been any bruising there.

On the opposite, uninjured side, there is a faint bruise mark running in a line from above the ankle down to the foot. It is very faint and it does not hurt at all.

There is a splotchy bruise on the other side of my shin. It appears to be exactly where the middle strap of the boot meets the edge of the boot, so I suspect it is caused by the boot. There is also a weird bruise on the back of my leg (also in the area of the strap).

When do these bruises go away??

Sep 23 - fell while hiking in the backcountry with friends (hiked out 4km)
Sep 24 - told ankle is \"cracked\" and placed in backslab
Sep 29 - official diagnosis Weber A; NWB 5 more weeks in boot

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Bruising... wondering what's "normal"  new
Carolyn CL  5:22pm Oct 19 2017
 Re: Bruising... wondering what's "normal"  new
toddchaney  6:15pm Oct 27 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017