Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: My broken leg story.
Kasia    11:20am Oct 22 2017

I had an open fracture of tibia and fibula (III degree Gustillo Anderson) 10 months ago. It was treated with IM rod.

With open wounds there is a huge risk of infection and that is your major concern right now. Probably you were prescribed antibiotics so remember to take them and change your dressings according to your doctor's orders.

I don't know how big your wound is. I had a lot of problems with scar tissue. Tissues tend to stick to each other while healing (skin, fascia etc.) causing some tension and poor mobility. Scar mobilization is very important. Good physio will do it and teach you how to do it at home.

When your wounds heal you will follow the regular rehab protocol - progressive weight bearing and excercises to strech and strenghten your leg. Listen to you doctor, go to physio, eat well and be positive :-) It is going to be better every day!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

My broken leg story.  new
Keithsells  10:34am Oct 22 2017
 Re: My broken leg story.  new
Keithsells  10:34am Oct 22 2017
Kasia  11:20am Oct 22 2017
Keithsells  1:36pm Oct 22 2017
Kasia  2:04pm Oct 22 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017