Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

So excited! Got cleared for PWBAT :)
Carolyn CL    10:03am Oct 23 2017

My doctor called me back today (I left a message for her at the fracture clinic on Friday). I had a chance to describe my bruising pattern (which she declared to be normal for my type of fracture), my good progress with my flexibility exercises and ask about the research I had done into how the UK handles Weber A Fractures. She explained to me that she is more cautious in her guidance for patients and why she takes that approach (to avoid certain complications associated with early loading), but given my described progress and lack of pain she was comfortable with me introducing PWB in my boot as tolerated. I'm to use pain as my guide, otherwise there is no upper limit that she is setting.

I'm nervous, but excited! Going to start small... just resting it on the ground while sitting every so often. When my husband gets home I need to get to get the home scale down so I go figure out how much I'm putting on it.

Sep 23 - fell while hiking in the backcountry with friends (hiked out 4km)
Sep 24 - told ankle is \"cracked\" and placed in backslab
Sep 29 - official diagnosis Weber A; NWB 5 more weeks in boot

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

So excited! Got cleared for PWBAT :)  new
Carolyn CL  10:03am Oct 23 2017
 Re: So excited! Got cleared for PWBAT :)  new
susieq  5:10pm Oct 23 2017
Carolyn CL  4:31pm Nov 1 2017
toddchaney  6:10pm Oct 27 2017
Carolyn CL  4:33pm Nov 1 2017
Sarah Clayton  6:39pm Nov 1 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017