Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Lisa motes - Depressed - moved from chat forum by moderator
Montrealaise    8:55am Oct 24 2017

Hi Lisa,

I broke my tib/fib and had ankle ORIF surgery in late July. The situational depression hit me hard. I felt so isolated and helpless. In fact, the depression for me was harder to deal with than the physical pain from the fractures and subsequent surgery. It does however alleviate as you move through the recovery process. Like you write, everything takes so much longer to do and requires so much effort. It appears from your post that you are someone incredibly resilient and strong in rebuilding after going through such a life changing event in the past couple of years. Heck, you ride a Harley! Your description of your Costco scooter "road rage" episode made me smile. You can always gently bump into the worst offenders and claim it was accidental! No one will be the wiser! I wish you all the best in your recovery process. I find a lot of support in this forum and reading other people's postings certainly made me realize that what I was experiencing was not unique, which is reassuring.

Montrealaise

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Lisa motes - Depressed - moved from chat forum by moderator  new
Maree  2:03am Oct 24 2017
 Re: Lisa motes - Depressed - moved from chat forum by moderator  new
Montrealaise  8:55am Oct 24 2017
dcb  3:16pm Oct 24 2017
Sarah Clayton  8:25am Oct 25 2017
Sarah T  9:27am Oct 25 2017
toddchaney  6:08pm Oct 27 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 November 2017